I’ll just say it right now. You’re welcome.
- 1 package of sugar cookie mix. Or you could be really cool and make your own sugar cookie batter. Um, no.
- Assorted fruit. Of any kind. The only requirement is that it must tickle your fancy.
- 2 blocks of softened cream cheese (8oz each) – I use Neuchatel.
- Some powdered sugar (2/3 c? see below)
- Zest from one lemon
- Lime juice (1/4 c? see below)
1. Prepare the sugar cookie mix as instructed on the package…except, make it as one big COOKIE on either a cookie sheet (with sides) or a round pizza pan. If you use the round pizza pan, cover the pan with tin foil first so the dough doesn’t drip out through the bottom holes, creating a total and complete Disaster in your oven (not that this happened to someone as smart as me).
2. Bake until golden brown and you feel like licking the top when the Hubs isn’t watching.
3. Sweet talk the Hubs into washing and preparing fruit while you kick back with some HGTV.
4. Make the frosting. Start with the cream cheese. Beat in ‘some’ powdered sugar, lemon zest and lime juice. Taste. Add more This. Taste. Add more That. Taste. Most likely, you will have to consume an ‘ample’ amount of frosting in the journey towards Getting it Just Right. And that’s what is so brilliant about this recipe.
5. Smear remaining frosting on cooled Singular Cookie. Give the Hubs the spatula to nom on as a peace offering for not making dinner in the last six months.
6. Bring to someone’s house so they can commend your culinary ass kicking. Or, eat it alone in your car.