Basically my M.O. is to steal recipes from naive friends and pawn them off as my own creation. This time is no different. You may have heard of this poor unsuspecting victim. His name starts with “The” and ends in “Hubs”. Anyway, if anyone asks, it was MY idea to throw together this fabulous summer salad.
- Spinach (washed, of course, unless you enjoy eating a few garden bugs)
- Strawberries (see above)
- Slivered Almonds
- Avocado, chopped
- Carrots, julienne
- Raspberry vinaigrette (or any other sweet dressing works nice, I’ve been digging Dorthy Lynch Homestyle Dressing)
- Toss all of the ingredients together. Don’t measure anything. Because that’s how I always roll.
- I’d serve it right away before the avocados turn gross and people catch the next flight out of your summer bbq (or you could put a little lime juice on them).
- Stuff your face, it’s healthy!