Here is my Top 7 (yes, 7) list of August loves. In other words, another chance to List thingys. *claps*
1. Meeting these sweet little Cuddle Bugs.
2. COFFEE ICE CREAM. How come people don’t drink THIS every morning???
3. Love and marriage. Remember the good time we had?
4. Blanching and freezing sweet corn to gobble up in the winter months. How terrific will a bag of that be come February!?
5. This water jug. First of all, jug is a great word. Secondly, we bring this water jug to our summer soccer games when it’s especially hot out. And, my Mom used to bring this SAME water jug to my brother’s soccer games when he was nine. Isn’t that sweet and slightly disturbing considering the bacteria living in there most likely voted in the last election? Do any of you still use something from ‘way back in the day’?
6. Minnesota State Fair’s deep fried pickles with cream cheese. If I wasn’t trying to impress my in-laws with good behavior, I would have busted out a yeeeha and galloped around on an imaginary horse. They were that good.
7. The Hubs. He’s already on my All Time Favorite People List. But, he made it on this one too. Eight months out of the year, he dedicates his Saturdays to teaching high school students computer programming. In late summer, this class culminates into a week long National conference (held this year in Philadelphia) where a small team of students compete in a 7 hour programming challenge. The many summer practice sessions has been extremely hard to juggle (I said jug again! Funny stuff!) between his two software companies, a wedding in the family, our sports leagues and just plain summer craziness. But, his hard work has been worth it. These students are extremely bright and have once again dominated at the conference by taking home the FIRST PLACE prize (for the 4th year in a row)!! I’m SO proud of the Hubs and his students.
September, come hither. I am ready for you.