You just rolled your eyes. It’s ok (and deserved) because you *know* that I’m actually coveting about a billion things right now (one being a wardrobe makeover). But, this year, Hubs and I made a pact to skip Christmas gifts to each other. INSTEAD, we each have to come up with a small list of things we’d like to do together (some free, some otherwise). I have to come up with three things and so does the Hubs. Isn’t that all sweet and lovey dovey? Also, practical. Because, Hubs and I are saving greenbacks. We are saving for a little (big) present that we plan to purchase sometime after Christmas and that’s why we decided to ‘skip’ our usual Christmas load this year. I can’t tell you what we are saving for yet in an effort to drag this out into two or more annoying blog posts. Oh, the anticipation.
- Run a 5k together. These might be hard to come by since the Hubs teaches class on Saturday mornings, when most of the races are scheduled. But, I’ll keep a lookout. The alternative is to take a run downtown and hit up breakfast afterward.
- Go cross country skiing and warm up with hot chocolate afterward at home.
- Bake Christmas cookies and allow me to sing loud and dance obnoxiously to my Christmas music. Also, he can’t say anything if I decide to don my Santa hat.
- Attend Timberwolves game. I assume they are probably handing these tickets out for almost nothing. Let’s just say it’s debatable if I am a better baller than the current Twolves and that’s a sad notion since I sat on the bench for two years until I had enough dignity to quit my high school team altogether.
- Attend a local community play, musical or concert. Maybe our neighbor’s Irish band will count!?
- Do community service of some sort. Work at a food shelf or do something computer-y for a good cause.
Isn’t the Hubs a good person? All I want to do is eat and not get too fat from eating so much. Hubs wants to be a good person in our community. I’ll go along with it just to stay on Santa’s Nice List for next year.
Is your family doing anything different this year for the holidays? Do you have a family member that is keeping you on Santa’s Nice List, no matter how much you try to fight it?