I love after Christmas sales. It feeds my soul. But, this year, I am trying to show restraint. I’m trying avoid the Pier1 Spending Extravaganza of 2009. So, I formed a strategic plan – a virtual straight jacket, if you will. I created a list so that when I lose my mind gazing lovingly at all of the Christmas fandangles , I can fall back into line.
My mantra: Stick to the list. Do not stray from the list. Do not buy anything sparkly or shiny. Just take a deep breath and stick to the list. Don’t be swayed by the frenzied shoppers around you. When in doubt, stick to the list. Also, no more wrapping paper you idiot, we have enough to wall paper our entire townhome community. For the love of GOD, stick to the list!! Ok, I’ll move on now.
Here’s my list:
1. Clothes for the Hubs. He needs a few new things and it’ll be fairly cheap since we have some lovely giftcards to spend (thanks, Mom!). It’s also a great excuse to see what I can throw in for myself when he’s not watching. But, that’s top secret so don’t tell.
2. A few sweaters (if the sales are good) for yours truly. Because I need them?
3. One straw wreath from Michaels (I have a giftcard there) and hopefully some red yarn for future DIY projects. *rubs hands together*
4. Two reed diffusers from Pier1 and THAT’S ALL. One is for myself (that I’ll tuck away in my Christmas bin) and one will be used as a gift next year. If I gift this to you, pretend that you don’t remember I scored a super great deal on it and have been storing it in my linen closet for a year. Forget all of that.
5. A pair of slippers for the Hubs. He’s been sporting mine around and well, they are purple with fur trim. Which is not acceptable.
And, that’s it! Wish me luck??
I’ll let you know how it goes. Anything on your after Christmas sale list or do you just head out and see what inspires you?? Is the above picture making you uncomfortable?