Here is my Top 7 (yes, 7) list of December loves. In other words, another chance to List thing-ys. *claps*
1. Bookclub Ugly Sweater Party. NO ONE wore an ugly sweater except for me. Earlier that day, I had rummaged through the Hubs clothes and found myself the perfect one! This was my not so subtle way of shaming the Hubs into donating the getup to Goodwill. But, since all of the girls showed up adorable, I had to flee to the bathroom and change. And sadly, Hubs kept that sweater. I snapped a timer pic of the crew (minus one bookclubber – my bad, Connie!). We are a smaller group than we used to be. Also, we gave up reading books long ago but remain hopeful it’s not a permanent side effect of the gossiping and wine guzzling that we’ve been affectionately coining as Bookclub.
2. Enjoying my vacation. My office plants didn’t die while I was away, which was a Christmas miracle in itself. In addition to my little green guys, I am a Foster Plant Mommy to three more plants. A co-worker of mine is working remotely from sunny AZ (lucky guy) and so I took temporary charge of them. It would have basically been career suicide if his plants didn’t survive the holidays, so go me.
3. Receiving a remote start for my old crappy car. It is HEAVENLY. My Mom and Bro hooked me up. My insufficient circulation (and maybe my cold heart?) sends a thousand thank yous their way.
4. Johnson & Johnson Baby Oil GEL. It’s the bomb.
I usually mix together a somewhat scary concoction of smelly (but subpar) lotion, a squirt of baby oil gel, and some Jergen’s lotion. Then I smear that all over. Dry Minnesota air, take THAT.
5. Candy making with my MIL. I was, undoubtedly, the most helpful person that she could get stuck with for 6 hours. See?
Pay no mind to the parchment paper dagger that threatens to spear both of us like shish kabobs. Also, drooling is welcomed.
6. CHRISTMAS. No doi!!!
7. Saying goodbye to 2010, it was a nice and calm year. 2011, bring it on.