Here is my Top 7 (yes, 7) list of January loves. In other words, another chance to List thing-ys. *claps*
It protects my skin from freezing solid and consequently falling off in one big chunk, leaving the cushy layer of my winter congestion out in the open for everyone to see. You’re right, I did not have to go there. Anyhoo, I smear this on before my frigid winter runs and it’s like a face windshield, which is awesome in every way.
**Update: Apparently Dermatologica doesn’t sell this stuff any more. I bought it loooong ago (like, 6 years ago) so I guess I shouldn’t be surprised. Anyway, if you want the quick and dirty (and cheap) version, get yourself some Vaseline. It does the trick too.
2. My slipper garden. I’ve planted a pair in every room.
3. The fireplace. If I could physically lay in it, I wood. Oh come on, you have to admit that had a remote chance of being funny.
4. Our humidifier. Basically my brain is like one of those menacing toys that you submerge in water and then they mushroom to 600x their original size. So, my job *really* appreciates it when we run the humidifier at night, allowing me to function for at least a little while the next day…that is until the arid Minnesota winter air shrivels it back down. I can’t be the only one with Chia Pet Brain, can I?
5. Mad Lib, for you to fill in the blanks: Our nice and toasty and ___(adjective)___ ___(noun)___ which is so freakishly fabulous because it completely __(verb)__. Hey, work with me kid.
6. My snowflake knee high socks that I got for Xmas. These, paired with the tuft of hair on my knee cap that I always seem to miss while shaving, are keeping my legs good and warm. And I like to be warm.
7. HOT COFFEE. HOT TEA. HOT CIDER. HOT BROTH. HOT CHEESECAKE FONDUE? (How good does that sound?) If you can’t tell, we are freezing our split ends right off up here in the Frozen North. Which, come to think of it, shouldn’t be a bad thing but it is. It really is. I’ve gotta make like an alpaca and get myself a thicker jacket.
January froze over to let February snowshoe on in. Are you relieved spring is officially one month (3 to go…) closer?