Here is my Top 7 (yes, 7) list of February loves. In other words, another chance to List thing-ys. *claps*
1. Celebrating Hub’s 30th birthday. His big day landed on a Wednesday, which is a total buzz kill when you are in your 30s (even if only for a few hours) and don’t want to stay up late on a work night. Even so, I whipped up a few fancy cupcakes (from a box) and frosting (from a tub) the night before.
On THE BIRTHDAY, we worked (blech) and then hit up Hub’s favorite burger joint for dinner, which only cost us $1 thanks to a wonderful Christmas giftcard! How do you like them birthday sparkles!? Here, the Hubs in all of his burger lovin’ glory:
Fortunately and unfortunately, we stuffed ourselves stupid during dinner and had to pass on dessert (gah, our ‘homemade’ cupcakes!). But before you get you panties in a bunch, we got right down to it the next day by enjoying them for breakfast with coffee, which was a brilliant idea.
To finish off the week of birthday tomfoolery, Hub’s family swung into town for a visit. And so we bid farewell to Hub’s 20s by eating Real Homemade Cake, which is a nice way to go if you ask me. We did take pictures but there is no group shot with the birthday boy, thus a picture taking fail. We’ll try again next year…
2. Putting the house on the market! Well, that part sucks. BUT, it is kinda nice to be forced to scrub the fridge, throw out old makeup, make our bed again, and generally organize our cluttered quarters. Hold up, hold up. Organize is a strong word. We haven’t been organizing really, but instead, fronting like we have. See?
Along with hiding crap in our vehicles, we’ve been stashing dirty laundry (among other things) in the washing machine and dryer. I know.
3. Staying home. We did that a lot this month. Man, sometimes Boring is a very beautiful thing. Who’s with me?
4. Getting my feisty tax documents corralled and mailed to someone smarter than me. If you need a great tax guy, I can’t say enough lovely things about ours, Matthew Accounting. He takes good care of us and I can still stress eat, just not over fretful taxes. Saweeet.
5. Valentine’s Day!!! No. Actually, my Vday was heavy on the sour side but it’s crappy times like those that make me realize how I am Winning with a super supportive Mr. The Candace. He’s so sweet you can’t process him with a normal brain, you need Adonis DNA.
6. We sweet talked mint.com into letting us score a juicer so we could make ourselves mystery drinks from our fridge and thus turn into super humans!
We were inspired long ago by a juicing fanatic (hugs, Kari!) and finally made the decision that juicing is a verb we could get used to. I thought these strange green potions would be phenomenal for my skin but unfortunately I just can’t seem to shake this clingy friend called puberty. But, the juices are YUM in my tum, so it’s a win overall.
7. My Winter Running Snot Rag. My running buddy Becky made this for me for Christmas. My nose runs faster than I do and this is the perfect soft landing for all that drippage (which is now a word, by the way). One wipe and I’m as good as new! I can already sense you have snot deposit envy. You need a snot rag too!
February skipped out early (like it always seems to do) but (early) March sashayed in just in time. Think we’ll get to see the sun much this month?