So, we were kinda robbed of spring. The pendulum keeps swinging from windy and miserable to a muggy almost-90-degrees back to crap weather again. Totally not fair. But, still, I’m going to post about what I need for Spring, even though it gave up waiting for us to enjoy it.
1. Sunscreen. It’s only taken me 32 years but I think I might have this kinda figured out. In the Spring, I am so excited to welcome the sun on my pale ruddy skin that I usually endure some sort of burn (not cool) before I snap back to reality. And since I rock a perpetual Norwegian tan (you know what that means), I always seem to get burned when I least expect it. Like when you grab coffee with a girlfriend and it happens to be kinda decent outside – so you just plop yourself down at the bistro out front underneath the shadow casting Caribou Coffee sign and start rehashing the latest Idol drama and before you know it – the tops of your feet are basically on fire (but not your toes because you’re wearing flats) and you have a pale (but jovial) caribou prancing along the very uncomfortably pink side of your forearm.
Now, I pack sunscreen in my purse. That way, if a spontaneous coffee date happens – I am ready. Any takers? Hello?
2. A few light weight cardigans (especially love those 3/4 sleeves). They are perfect for layering and shielding those squishy arms from the horror of tank tops for just a little while longer. A must-have! I think I need a red clay-ish/coral-ly one but not your senior citizen coral, mind you. I picked up a few blue ones after Christmas ($12 bucks each) and I’m excited to finally get more use out of them now that hypothermia isn’t a concern as much anymore.
3. I know I already own it but dusting off the old bike and (accepting the consequential helmet hair) is another Spring must-have. I hope I still remember how to ride it because it’s been an awfully long winter.
4. I’ve been wanting to add some nautical to my life – being that it’s ever so popular right now. Bring on the navy striped boyfriend tanks – especially paired with some kelly green which is already a fav color of mine. Ooor paired with that red clay-ish cardi from above??
5. Big filigree earrings. They are a goes-with-everything accessory for fancying up a sundress to blinging out your favorite t-shirt. I’ve spotted the perfect (read: cheap) pair at Charlotte Ruesse. They will be mine…!
Earrings link here.
6. PLANTS. For Easter, my MIL got us each a potted herb to take home (a great idea!) so those are happily sitting on our patio. The greenery fills me with glee and really is the signature Spring must-have!
*Updated with a photo, just because
Tell me, what puts a Spring in your step?