Moms are the best. Here is mine. Happy Mother’s Day to an awesome Mom, I am very blessed to have you!
Don’t forget to love up your Mom this weekend!
So, my favorite blog of all time has to be this one. Only because I am a self centered snot and I like blabbing about my very important life.
Here I am, blogging in the flesh and working at the SAME time (on a wild Sunday afternoon). Aren’t I dexterous?
That being said, I do have a few other blogs I check out consistently and I wanted to share them with you, you know, if you were searching to add to your Jersey Shore time suck.
1. Young House Love. This smart, twenty-something newly married couple bought a fixer-upper of a house and slowly made it a lust worthy gorgeous retreat (and by accident acquired a humongous blog reader following in the process) ! Now, they have a baby and a *new* old house that they are tackling and it’s fun to take the journey with them – I’m always inspired! Oh, they are big into eco friendly design and penny pinching – both of which I am a big fan.
2. Bower Power. This is another handy DIY married couple (friends of Young House Love, in fact) and they *also* had a baby and bought a new old house to reinvent. Katie, the blogger, is big into photography and shares lots of tips and writes great tutorials on everything she does. She’s very charming but a bit churchy (and her style a bit country) for my taste. She’s super at decorating for the holidays and finding awesome Goodwill scores so I always come back to see what she’s been up to!
3. I heart organizing. You can’t *not* (that’s right, double negative for emphasis) be inspired by organized living. I love all things tags, and bins, and lists and totes and files and stylish organizing. You should too and read this blog. Plus, she has Challenges where she double dog dares you to clean up your crap – sometimes all we need is a double dog dare, you know?
4. The Pleated Poppy. Her Etsy shop is totally drool worthy (ruffle scarves!) and this is where I first noticed the What I Wore Wednesdays idea (my spin is the now defunct Wore Zone series). I like to check back every once in a while to see what she’s sewing and what she puts together for her weekly outfits.
5. My Photographer’s blog and website. I can’t deny it. I love Emily’s work. Oh, and you might recognize some of the pictures in her galleries…take a peek! You must!!
Also, I was bestowed a very honorable Versatile Blogger Award by my interweb friend Lauren (a bride to be and a blogger herself)! Thank you, Lauren! It’s my first (and probably the only?) bloggy award I’ll ever receive!
When you accept the Versatile Blogger Award – you are supposed to pass it on to fifteen (!!) other blogs you admire and list seven random things about yourself. That’s a lot of blogs. So, consider the six above (including Lauren’s) my picks for the Versatile Blogger award (I’m going to have to punt on the other nine). The seven random things about me, well, if you really care then you could click here. But I wouldn’t, it’s boring.
P.S. Happy Cinco de Mayo. Eat some salsa, will you?
Here is my Top 7 (yes, 7) list of April loves. In other words, another chance to List thing-ys. *claps*
1. Duh. The day I was crowned THE BIRTHDAY PRINCESS. I did like I always do, and went to bed early.
2. We fixed our dishwasher all by ourselves! We are SO proud! Thanks, Google, you really pulled through for us.
(If you declared this the lamest Rave and Fave of all time, I understand.)
3. Our trip to Colorado to pay homage to the place where Hubs ‘put a ring on it’.
The nice thing was if ever the Hubs wandered away from me, I didn’t panic. I knew all I had to do was look for someone wearing the exact same outfit as me.
4. I had the honor of speaking at my Alma mater and of course I had to snap a few self timer pics. Can we say photo bomb all together now?
Did you notice my rosette pin got in a relocation program?
The weather was ugly but the campus is beautiful. It’s so nice to be able to take it all in now that I don’t have worrisome equations clouding up my brain. Take a look at the Weisman Art Museum…
Isn’t it gorgeous?
Come to think of it, it’s strongly reminiscent of my car after a little snafu with the recycle bin.
5. This song. You should love it. And no, that guy is not Johnny Depp.
6. JELLY BEANS!! Onnom nom nom….
7. Enjoying the few two days of sunshine we had in April. I even let these especially pale appendages make a public appearance!
April got blown out with the birthday candles and Maybe some more days of sun are on their way?