Here is my Top 7 (yes, 7) list of July loves. In other words, another chance to List thing-ys. *claps*
1. On the first day of July, I went and QUIT my job. Best Rave and Fave of all time but a sub par picture to go with it.
A sidenote: I brought donuts into the office to say farewell. An engineer dude, that I *have NEVER met before in my nine years of service at the company* followed me all the way from the parking lot to my desk to take the *FIRST* donut and wish me “Many congratulations on whatever you’re celebrating and thanks so much because I was starving!”.
I mean, really? Come on now.
2. Kickin’ it old school with this mini backpack. It’s been perfect for our day hikes in the mountains and bike rides into town. Plus, I’ve had it since college – it was a gift from my cousin. It’s nice to have an old comfort along when you are exploring something new, you know?
3. Hubs purchased a bike (and an enormous helmet but don’t give him a hard time because he has a lot of brains to protect underneath that thing).
4. There is free coffee, hot chocolate and tea at our leasing office. You guys, did you hear me? It’s FREE. I don’t even really like coffee but free coffee tastes pretty incredible so why not make it (a very large) part of my day?
5. We made our first friends. Somehow, they found us remotely endearing and so they’ve let us tag along with them a few times, which is all kinds of considerate.
6. I dragged my squishy arse out before the sun rose to meet a few total lunatics at the base of a MOUNTAIN to start a run. I *assume* the sunrise was absolutely magical in the midst of the Flatirons…but I was too focused on the ankle twisting path in front of me, as well as the dark thicket concealing a flash mob of Minnesotan-flesh craving mountains lions. I survived and that my friends, is something to rave about.
7. Hubs and I’ve been biking to outdoor yoga on Sunday mornings. I can’t tell you how moved I feel; standing in a courtyard, under the sun, with the mountains encouraging me and the breeze feathering my face. It fills my soul right to the very tippy top.
I would venture to say that not everyone walks away from this yoga experience with that same perspective, which I admit is my fault.
July baked on by but the window to August is wide open and it’s looking to be oh so lovely already.