These should be barred (ha) from potlucks because they are so good, it’s criminal.
Recipe snagged from my sister-in-law Melissa, who is a cooking and baking Olympian. Don’t mess.
- 3 c of graham cracker crumbs
- one stick of butter
- 1/3 c white sugar
- 1/2ish bag of chocolate chips (don’t be a bore. try the peanut butter and chocolate chips for the next batch.)
- 2/3ish bag of mini marshmallows
*You might have to use your own noggin and decide on the perfect marshmallow to chocolate ratio because I am guessing my way through life and those measurements are just one small example of that.
1. Mix together sugar and graham cracker crumbs. Sample for quality control.
2. Melt butter in microwave. Who’s to argue if you throw that extra glob of butter from your counter in (just to use it up)? Add evenly to graham cracker mix.
3. Grease a 9×13 baking pan (only if you were stingy with the butter in step one) and preheat oven to 350 degrees. Hint, don’t be stingy.
4. Press 2/3 of the graham cracker mixture firmly into baking pan.
5. Layer on the marshmallows. Stuff two up your nose and show your husband how classy you are.
6. Add chocolate chips evenly over the top.
7. Spread remaining graham cracker mixture over top.
8. Bake for 15 minutes (or until the mallow is gooey and the chocolate is all nice and melty).
9. Recognize that melty is not a word.
10. Take out and cool completely. Conversely, you’ll lose your cool waiting so it’s suggested to troll Facebook for annoying statues.
11. Don’t be ashamed if you make this face.