Here is my Top 7 (yes, 7) list of August loves. In other words, another chance to List thing-ys. *claps*
1. Obviously becoming Coach Candace was the highlight of my month. There are more kids on the team than people that attended my wedding, so our coaching staff is quite large (similar to my appetite):
2. I met a new friend for coffee and she is crammed full of niceness, smarts, and all that’s cool – like so many folks I was blessed to know in Minnesota.
Our coffee date bled into an afternoon and even though I had ample opportunity to take a picture of us, documenting the beginning of what I am hoping is a long and hardy friendship (sssh, she doesn’t know yet), I took a picture of my food instead:
This stuff is awesome. It’s SPF15, kinda tinted, free of yucky chemicals and makes me feel important.
I’m not really sure what part of quitting my fancy job made me think it’s alright to starting buying rich-lady-moisturizer. Another repercussion of this purchase is after happily skipping out of Origins front doors, I’m perfectly positioned squarely in front holy Sephora. Mindlessly, I start trotting towards it, like a Pavlov dog, joining up with the pack of other frothy-mouthed women, desperately hoping to fix up what we can’t change with a little body butter and a killer eye shadow kit.
4. I got a new desk. Hubs claims it’s for working but online shopping seems to be a better fit. And now that So You Think You Can Dance finally ended, supposedly I have more time to do both (but I’ve been sleeping extra instead). Doesn’t it have a nice view?
5. We were good little Coloradans and hit up our first Rockies game at their outdoor stadium in Denver. Even though we were late to the game, they lost, and it rained, I was still able to get myself a burger with gluten free bread (to the pricey tune of $9) and it rockied my face off.
6. No bake cookies. I’ll be sharing the recipe soon but just know that it pairs chocolate with peanut butter, a marriage that you know is going to last.
7. Plain and simple, Hubs and I have been enjoying day trips to the mountains. They are free. They are beautiful. And that’s a nice combination if you ask me.
Well, we all made it through August without much fuss and sexy September stepped in for the final act of summer. Let it be a good show!