Also known as “Slop Cookies”. But I like to just call them “piles”. You’ll see why.
- 1 3/4 cups white sugar
- 1/2 cup milk
- 1/2 cup butter
- 4 tablespoons unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1/2 cup crunchy peanut butter (or whatever you have on hand)
- 3 cups quick-cooking oats (sometimes I used the old fashioned ones and they still hit the spot when you are PMSing)
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
1. Pick a sizable pot and combine sugar, milk, butter and cocoa. Stir it up real nice over medium-high-ish heat until it reaches a FULL boil.
2. Ya’ll this is important. Let it boil for 1 1/2 minutes. No longer, otherwise cookies will crumble into a zillion bits and get stuck to your shorts in inconvenient places and no shorter because the cookies never set and you’ll have to lap them up, which is worth it but humiliating nonetheless.
3. Remove from heat and add peanut butter, oats and vanilla. Stir well.
4. Spoon onto wax paper into “cookies”. If they look like diarrhea, you are on the right track.
5. Wait for the cookies to set. You’ll know when they are ready because they’ll look like this:
See? Total piles.
5. Be generous with them because sharing is caring:
Tips: These freeze well. Once I stop being a coward, I’m going to spice this recipe up by maybe adding marshmallows, chocolate chips, raisins, toasted coconut, Reeses Pieces OR all of the above. Maybe you should too.