Here is my Top 7 (yes, 7) list of September loves. In other words, another chance to List thing-ys. *claps*
1. Our trip home to MN for my cousin’s wedding. Weddings are wonderful. You get a chance to catch up with good people all at one time AND everyone is spiffed up and wearing deodorant. Here’s my immediate family, mostly behaving ourselves.
2. The leaves are changing and starting to fall. It’s my favorite, absolutely favorite, time of year.
3. MamaP graced us with a visit (and subsequently succumbed to AAI).
4. I welcomed my second visitor just a day later, a dear old running friend of mine. It’s so funny, that even after months of being apart, we can just fall right back into it – like we never missed a step together.
5. We met up with some new-old friends (long story) and decided to pack up for a sunset picnic in the mountains. Hubs and I brought scary slop cookies and 4 peaches. Ben and Sara brought fancy prosciutto, cheese, crackers, a killer salad (probably the best salad I have ever known?) and everything else imaginable for a classy picnic. The sun set on us (helping to hide my shame) and the cool air rushed in. It sure was a nice way to spend a Sunday evening.
6. I’m still coaching the cross country kids. Although the perils of rabid high school insecurities can be draining at times, I still think it’s a treat. Oh, and I got a team trucker hat, which thrills me more than it should.
7. The weather. It’s been deliciously perfect.
September roared through my usually quiet jungle and now October is here, with the promise of pumpkins. Pumpkins!!