Here is my Top 7 (yes, 7) list of January loves. In other words, another chance to List thing-ys. *claps*
1. This thermos from REI. I picked it up around the holidays (with a 20% off coupon) specifically for Hub’s Christmas date and I’m telling you, it’s incredible. You pour hot stuff in and the hot stuff *remains* hot for hours afterward. True story.
2. The Boulder Library. I’ve been reading a few books as of late and as much as I love to read, I don’t like to own books. I like to enjoy them but give them back. Not only is it free, but this way I get to clutter up my minuscule apartment with other crap, like craft paper and tortilla chips. Besides being the local homeless hangout, the building itself is really beautiful. The winter has been so mild that I’ve been biking over to swap out my latest read for a new one.
3. My pre-season track kids. I big puffy heart heading to practice each day. Plus, coming to practice in shorts is unfamiliar but lovely territory.
4. I couldn’t help myself. I went to Sephora and spent the giftcard my MIL gave me for Christmas. It was delightful and indulgent. I got this powder brush (but I use it for foundation, it’s yummy):
And this Amazonian clay blush, which is great for day time since it doesn’t have any shimmer to it. Shimmer has a knack for settling into my moon crater pores, making them appear even larger than they already are, if you can barely imagine.
5. The *free* yoga I mentioned yesterday. It’s a super sweet compliment to weight lifting and running in the mountains with the track kids. By Sunday, I’m in serious need of stretching this haggard body out!
6. *Indoor* sand volleyball league. Indoor!
7. Followed up by an outdoor broomball league, which is hilarious and ridiculous and utterly awesome. Our team name is ‘Scoregasm’ and we haven’t won a single game.
The new year had a strong start, racing straight into February (Hub’s birthday month! Cake!). How’s 2012 been kickin’ for y’all?
(Don’t be too busy to click here to remember what I was raving about in January of 2011)