I borrowed this recipe from here and now Hubs considers me chocolate chip cookie royalty. I didn’t argue and, in turn, crowned him Prince of Bathroom Scrubbing. He didn’t take to this honor as kindly as I had hoped.
- 2 1/2 sticks of butter
- 1 1/4 DARK brown sugar
- 1 c sugar
- 2 eggs
- 2 tsp. vanilla (I used fancy vanilla from Penzey Spices)
- 3 2/3 flour
- 2 T. corn starch
- 1 1/4 tsp. baking soda
- 1 1/2 tsp. baking powder
- 1 1/2 tsp. salt
- a 1/2 bag of semi sweet chips
- Pull out the grandmaster mixer and cream together butter, sugar, eggs and vanilla.
- Mix dry ingredients together first – then add to sugar-buttavanilla lovin’.
- Add chocolate chips
- Be an opportunist and EAT THE DOUGH.
- You are *supposed* to freeze the rest of the dough for an hour before baking. I’m sure this is a grand idea but you already know I skipped this step and popped these lumpy gems straight into a preheated oven.
- Bake at 350 for 9ish minutes.
- They taste best when shared with good friends!