Here is my Top 7 (seven? really?) list of April loves. In other words, another chance to List thing-ys. *claps*
1. Remember this post? Well, I finally got my hair highlighted by a professional and 50 foils later, I’m a brand new person! Go ahead and do the slow clap if you want to.
2. Easter! The Easter Bunny came! He didn’t even fill Hubs basket to the brim, wth?
To celebrate, Hubs made a ham, sweet potatoes, deviled eggs, and green bean casserole while I napped. I did rouse with enough time to make a sloppy five-minute peanut butter pie. I’ll be sharing the recipe soon!
3. In addition to our allotted Easter Bunny magic money, Hubs dipped into his *own* spending budget and bought me a little something extra special- this Ironman watch! It’s perfect to take splits with at my track meets and I luuurve the cream and bronze-y gold color.
4. My MIL sent us an Easter package and inside was an entire kit to grow our three favorite herbs from seeds. She even sent along the dirt! We got to planting and our cilantro, basil and chives are all doing well! The lush greenery is also a major happiness booster.
A few months ago, I picked up the Bad To The Bronze from Target after reading some rave reviews from a handful of beauty bloggers. It’s a lovely build-able metallicy bronze cream shadow that doesn’t melt off your face, like cream eye shadows normally do. I’ve been wearing it every single day. I like to smear it on as a base and then layer other cheap drugstore shadows over it. It really brings out their colors and gives them depth. It’s been so fun to play with, I’m slightly concerned I’m a 16 year old girl trapped in a 33 year old body…
6. I know I sound like a broken record, but I am loving my time with my track kids. The weather has been gorgeous and I’ll feel so empty when the season ends and I don’t get to see these smiling faces on a daily basis:
7. MY BIRTHDAY. The day was so overwhelmingly exciting that I might need a whole year to recover from it. It was awesome and plain tuckered me out.
April’s Easter and birthday calories have been digested, which let way for a beautiful MAY. I already know it’s gorg because we are half way through it (doh!).
Read all about April 2011’s Raves and Faves here.