Here is my Top 7 (yes, 7) list of July loves. In other words, another chance to List thing-ys. *claps*
1. As if my knees and joints didn’t ache enough already trying to keep up with skinny high schoolers, I decided to play on an Ultimate Frisbee league. Oh and also? I’d hardly ever thrown a frisbee before so I assumed this would be a complete disaster. But, I’m enjoying the heck out of it!
2. Got my hair chopped. It went from this:
3. My discretionary spending budget finally rolled over. THANK GOD. I’ve been getting my spend on! *rubs hands together*
4. At Lululemon, where I do free yoga every Sunday, you can donate your gently used yoga mats to Mountain Dog Rescue – called the Downward Dog Movement. They use the mats to line the dog crates so they are nice and cozy…how wonderful is that? Since I “earned” a (free) new mat, I brought my old one in to donate to a deserving furbaby.
That is, until a lady behind me snatched it right back out of the bin to use for her practice that morning. People seriously drive me NUTS. Between her and the passive agressive lady that brings her grocery coupons to class, they make me want to whack them in the face with my half moon. That’s not very centered of me, now is it?
5. Just by happenstance, I fell into a garage sale and made $60! You know I put that right back into my spending budget!!! Actually, I had to give Hubs half because we’re married and all. But, it was exciting nonetheless. It forced me to go through all of my clothes, most of which I cringed at selling so cheap since they are nice but I just can’t figure out how to put outfits together with them. I may write a long-winded/boring blog post on cleaning out my closet, so stay tuned for that juicy bit!
Here I am with the garage sale hostesses and the new water bottle I scored (for free) for my bike rides:
6. INSTAGRAM. I alluded to this last Friday, but Instagram is delicious. For most of you, this software is oooold news. But, Hubs just got a new phone (with a nice camera) and he’s been Instagraming (new verb) like a madman. It’s about a bazillion times easier than carrying around our massive DSLR – and Instagram transforms any pictures (even the ones I take!!!) into something somewhat polished. Best of all, he’s been capturing the little day-to-day moments of our life, which is so sweet.
7. The Flagstaff Run. Each week, our cross country kids are challenged with a steep mountain run up Flagstaff. It’s fairly short but rigorous. If you make it up in less than 27 minutes, you earn a very coveted Flagstaff t-shirt. You know how stingy my budget is these days and I wanted that free shirt. I *needed* it. So, I busted my 33 year old arse right up that mountain and got one. Here’s me sporting it afterwards, admiring my own Facebook post about it.
Of course, during last week’s attempt, I fell and banged up my knee pretty bad – still hurts! – and got lost on the way down. It’s an up and back course, so frankly it’s almost impossible to get lost on the way down. I am a bonafied idiot somedays.
8. BONUS ENTRY! THE 2012 OLYMPICS! Since we don’t have TV, Hubs set up a proxy server to hack into the British online streaming of the Games and we’ve been glued to the computer ever since. My Hubs should be awarded the Gold for his Supernerdom!!
July stormed out of here (with lots of lightening and thunder to boot) and August showed up to the red, white and blue party. Go USA!