Here is my Top 7 (yes, 7) list of August loves. In other words, another chance to List thing-ys. *claps*
1. The cross country season (and school for that matter) has started. It’s MAYHEM. We’ve got 135 kids on the team! It was “Spirit Day” for the time trials (where the kids race on our home course to see who will run varsity for the first meet). Aren’t my senior kids adorable?
2. The perfect summer night: Biking to get Mexican food and ice cream.
3. We celebrated the 2012 Olympics by dressing up as soccer/croquet players and overeating at a friend’s party:
5. The dog days of summer are over (well, not really for Colorado), which has got me humming this tune nonstop. God, I love this song.
6. My new running shoes…oooh, pretty.
Let me just dispel the myth that running is a cheap sport. It’s NOT. These pretty babies cost me over a hundred bones and they will only last through the rest of 2012! Owie, my wallet hurts.
7. Colorado peaches!!! FINALLY I understand what everyone has been raving about!
The summer days of August melted like my beloved Dairy Queens and the winds of fall are sneaking in. What did you love about August?