It’s that time again. Time for turkey, cranberry sauce and those heavenly, decadent, to-die-for sweet potatoes. I swiped this recipe from my friend, Allrecipes.com. For the original link, sans Candace commentary and modifications, click here.
- duh, sweet potatoes (4-6) peeled and chopped into chunks
- 1 1/4 c butter (!!!)
- 1 1/4 c brown sugar
- 3 c mini marshmallows, divided
- a sprinkle of cinnamon
- a sprinkle of nutmeg
1. Preheat oven to 400 and grease a 9×13 baking dish. Extra points if you grease it with butter!
2. Fill a large pot with water and wait for it to boil. Now would be a good time to eat the rest of the bag of mini marshmallows.
3. Once boiling, add sweet potatoes in and boil for 15ish minutes. You don’t want them to be as hard as kidney stones but you don’t want to them to be a soft as my squishy midsection is these days, if that makes sense.
4. Drain sweet potatoes.
5. Put them back in the hot pot, along with butter, brown sugar, half the marshmallows, and spices. Let everything get all wonderful and gooey together. You may want to mush up some of the sweet potatoes if the chunks are too big (meaning the ratio between actual sweet potato and bad-for-you stuff isn’t balanced).
6. Slide the whole batch into the greased pan and bake for 15 minutes.
7. Top with the rest of the mini marshmallows and bake until golden brown (a few more minutes).
8. Eat up because it’s the beta-carotine you’ve been desperately craving!