Here is my Top 7 (yes, 7) list of November loves. In other words, another chance to List thing-ys. *claps*
1. I’ve been a long time fan of this popular blog: Young House Love. This fanatically hard-working couple recently published a book and is on tour. Although no stops were scheduled in Colorado, they did swing by Minneapolis a few weeks ago. My friend Tai not only bought me their book, but also waited hours in line to get it personally inscribed for my little family, then shipped the surprise to my door.
I almost peed my pants.
2. Although somewhat anticlimactic, I’ve been enjoying Revlon’s Pink Truffle Lip Butter. Oodles of beauty bloggers have raved about these lip butters, so I picked up one for myself and a different color for my Mom this spring when RiteAid was having a 40% off Revlon sale (you can find them at Target, Walgreens and CVS as well). The texture is really moisturizing (kinda like a balm) and is an awesome option for non-lipstick wearing folks. Personally, I think the Pink Truffle is too much on the brown side for my skin tone, but I’ve been wearing it a ton nonetheless. Revlon is the queen of drugstore lip products; their stains, lipsticks and these lip butters all come with fantastic reviews, just in case you are in the mood for some lip candy for yourself or stocking stuffer ideas for the holidays.
Even though they have delicious names, these products don’t taste sweet – drat! After I run out of this one, I think I’m going to pick up the Peach Parfait next since I think it’ll be more wearable for my fair skin.
3. As I mentioned here, I picked up some temporary holiday work at a retail chain in town, to add to the part-time work I do for Hubs’ software company. Let me tell you, retail is HARD WORK. I guess I didn’t expect that. My shifts are short but I work like a crazy person for those few hours. It’s given me serious appreciation of this type of job and my shifts fly by. After I clock out, I like to sit in my car for a few minutes and think about what I “earned” for us today. Some days, it’s a cloth diaper and paint for the nursery – other days, it’s chipping away at our Christmas gift list, and sometimes it’s just a little extra to throw at our monthly cell phone bill. It’s certainly not much, but it feels really nice.
4. It was a ridiculous 65 degrees today. Although gorgeous, Colorado is DRY. My skin hurts. I’ve been slathering on an old time favorite: Jergens Ultra Healing lotion. I adore the smell and it’s super soothing. I couldn’t get by without it this month!
5. To relax, Hubs and I have been kicking back in the evenings with an episode (or two) of Mad Men, a show on AMC. They are already in their sixth season, so we are playing catch up. It’s a guilty pleasure for us and something to fill the void, now that we whizzed through all of the episodes of Game of Thrones!
6. If you are in the mood for a quirky film, you must check out Moonrise Kingdom. It’s a childhood love story set on the coast of New England and the cast is stellar It’s directed by Wes Anderson, who also did Fantastic Mr. Fox (another movie I thoroughly enjoyed).
7. Hubs made our first turkey for Thanksgiving and it turned out wonderfully!
November went fast for me. I’ve been anxious about house stuff, baby stuff, and holiday stuff. Luckily, Hubs and I have a plan for how we are going to tackle our move, house renovations and managing our tight finances for the holidays. I do so much better with a plan! Here goes December – I’m certain all of you have a busy month planned as well!