Hubs is known for his amazing breakfast skills and he just recently added these pumpkin pancakes to his repertoire.
Recipe stolen from here, but we skip the nutmeg whip cream and serve it with maple syrup. Although homemade whip cream is something dreams are made of…so maybe you should do it up right?
- 2 1/3 c Bisquick
- 2 1/2 Tbs white sugar
- 1/3 tsp cinnamon
- 1/3 tsp nutmeg
- 1/4 tsp ginger
- 2 eggs
- 1 1/4 c milk
- 1/3 c canned pumpkin (Hubs adds 1 Tbs extra)
- 1/4 c vegetable oil
- Whisk dry ingredients together. The spices alone are drool worthy.
- Beat together eggs, milk, pumpkin, and vegetable oil (the wet stuff, duh).
- Add wet stuff to dry stuff and stir.
- Cook in pan or on a griddle, using 1/4 c of batter per pancake. Wait until bubbly and golden around edges.
- Serve with homemade whipped cream if you are fancy. It also pairs nicely with maple syrup. Hot COFFEE makes them even better.
Your Sunday mornings will never be the same!