Hubs and I are still doing the “Salad Challenge”, a New Year’s resolution he made a few years ago to get more good-for-you-stuff into our bodies. We’ve been keeping it up because frankly, it works for us. But for a few long weeks in my first trimester, I could barely stomach anything – especially a spinach salad. BLECH. Oh the guilt I felt that I stopped eating spinach when my growing baby needed it most…so I switched to spinach smoothies. Seriously, just try it. You’ll be surprised at what a treat it is!
- 1/2 frozen banana, sliced
- 1/2 c yogurt (any type really – we like Chobani)
- a big wad of spinach
- just a little milk or juice to thin it out and make it easier to blend
**You can add-lib, anything really goes and the measurements are far from exact. Try with soy milk or add frozen berries (it might turn the smoothie an unappealing color, but it’ll still taste awesome!).
**This is a great way to use up those past-prime bananas too. I just slice them up and stick them in the freezer.
- Blend everything together.
- Drink right away, otherwise it’ll separate.
- Feel smug about all of those vitamins you just ingested, obviously.