Even though I’m a New Mommy and perpetually tired, I still like to make some attempt to bat away the crazy with a little makeup each morning. It gives me a small sliver of normal. Don’t deny me some normal, ok?
Here are my picks for a quick morning/during-nap-time makeup routine. I timed it and it takes 3 minutes tops.
New Mommy Makeup by thecandace
1. BB creams are all the rage these days and they are mostly a glorified tinted moisturizer. It checks off your foundation and moisturizer in one step. BAM, done!
2. Since BB creams tend to offer a light coverage, you can go in with a concealer where you need it most (under those zombie eyes, for example). The NARS creamy concealer is highly rated by beauty gurus. It covers everything. Well, almost everything. Obviously, the panicky, darting, New-Mommy-Eyes will still give you away every time.
3. Blush will add some life back to your face. Although pricey, these Amazonian clay blushes have super strong staying power. Because new Mommies have no time for touch ups!
4. You’ve heard me rave about the Maybelline Color Tattoo in Bad to the Bronze. This is a one swipe eye shadow that does not budge once it sets. It’s cheap and awesome and you can use your finger to apply it. I’m still using mine even though I got it well over a year ago. If you want more of a champagne vibe, Barely Branded is also a great color.
5. Mascara. Game changer. That is all.
6. Smear on a tinted lip balm (with SPF!) and now you are so money, Honey.
If anyone has quick tips for hair, I’d love to hear them! My typical dirty roots and flat ponytails are even grosser now that Amelie has a habit of belching puke into my hair at night. Sometimes, it even pools in my clavicle as well. Good times.