It’s high time for carving your prized pumpkins but be sure to save the glop you scoop from them so you can make roasted pumpkin seeds! It’s a mostly guilt-free treat!
- somewhat clean pumpkin seeds (not the stringy slimy stuff)
- spices of your choosing*
- 2 tsp melted butter (if you wish)
*we used a mixture of cayenne, paprika, salt, pepper, garlic powder, oregano, and thyme to create a salty spicy batch. But you could do anything you wanted, really. Get feisty with it!
- Set oven to 300 degrees.
- Spread a nice even layer of pumpkin seeds onto a cookie sheet. We line ours with foil to help with clean up.
- Drizzle butter and seasonings over them and shove those suckers in the oven!
- Get back to carving. It’ll take about 45 minutes to crisp them up!