Here is my list of February loves. In other words, another chance to List thing-ys. *claps*
1. There is much hype over the Urban Decay Naked palettes. I go back and forth between really wanting one of them and being happy with what I have. This month, I’m happy with what I have. A few years ago, MamaP bought me this Stila In The Lights palette from Sephora.
I’m not a fan of every shade but as you can see, it’s still very well loved. The dark brown and black I use almost daily. My favorite was the brown eyeliner (in Damsel) that came with it but sadly, I used that up long ago.
2. Track season is officially underway. Don’t I live in a beautiful place?
I have to say, I sincerely debated if I was going to coach track this season. There were a lot of reasons for my hesitation but mostly, it’s hard to coach while taking care of Amelie. I’m distracted, I’m tired, I’m chasing after a baby instead of really connecting with my athletes.
But, I’m thankful I stuck with it. It’s good for me to be breathing in the fresh air and enjoying my high schoolers. They are awesome. And it’s soooo good for Amelie. She LOVES it. She needs the stimulation, the attention, the exploration.
I consider myself incredibly lucky that the coaching staff and the team has been so kind and flexible. My MIL has been a big help on the days she doesn’t work and Hubs volunteered to be on baby duty every Saturday during the all-day meets. Everyone is chipping in to help me do this. I’m blessed. I’m grateful.
3. A women’s anthem. Ugh, I love this song and Alicia Keyes so much. Just close your eyes and listen to the music, the sweet music, because the video is way too literal and cheesy.
4. You guys, Amelie has been such a good girl. She’s been napping great (most days) and the moment I put her down, I throw on my painting clothes! I’ve been working hard on our house and although progress is slow, it’s satisfying.
5. Oma came to town! We shopped and ate and adored Amelie. What could be better?
March already? Oh my gosh, I have to get my taxes done. BLECH.