1. We’ve been making food for Amelie with our rice cooker (it has a little steamer on top) and our Magic Bullet. A food processor would be easier but we don’t have one. Pureed broccoli, anyone? Amelie loves it!
2. Apricot Preserves. I’ve been loving this on my English Muffins in the morning; it reminds me of my Grandpa. We lived with my grandparents for a year and they always had this in the fridge. *gets sentimental*
3. Grandma (MamaP) came to visit us! We soaked up lots of time together.
4. Thanksgiving had to make it in here somewhere! Actually, Thanksgiving Day was tiring. Hubs and I planned a big of a feast and truthfully, it was a little too much work with a baby around. When we attempted to clean up just before Amelie’s bedtime, we realized our sink drain was clogged. No bueno. We tried what we could that evening (vinegar and baking soda, hot water…) but ended up leaving our kitchen a complete disaster zone until morning. On Black Friday, instead of eating leftovers and putting up our Christmas decorations and STAYING HOME, we went to Home Depot five times for various rentals and tools and had to eat out! It was a total pain (mostly for Hubs) but he finally did get that clog worked out!
We did manage to squeeze in a coffee date that weekend to help us relax. I walked out of the restroom to this adorable scene:
5. The Christmas season has officially begun. If this doesn’t bring you serious joy, I don’t know what will. Thanks for finding this, Tai!
I’m so super excited about Amelie’s first Christmas, y’all! She doesn’t even care but still.