Ohmergerd, June was so long ago. Sorry.
Here is my Top 7 (yes, 7) list of June loves. In other words, another chance to List thing-ys. *claps*
1. I spent my birthday money from MamaP at, you guessed it, Target. I picked up two new lippies since my stash had dwindled down to nothing after the no-buy promise I made last summer. They are Maybelline Color Whispers in Pin up Peach (my fav) and Lust for Blush. They give a sheer wash of color, are comfortable on the lips and I think the packaging is so pretty. A warning, you have to reapply these often. But for me, that’s fun.
Do I need to even explain?
3. Our weekends. I cherished those precious two days together each week – even though Amelie had a knack for getting us up for a walk before Dawn was barely awake herself.
4. Each day got easier with Amelie and each day I got a little braver. I met up with a group of new nervous Mommies for a potluck and we all were so proud of ourselves that we were able to venture out of the house! Maybe we’re remotely competent at this Mommy stuff after all?(Of course Amelie cried a little at the end…)
5. Hubs started watching Amelie in the evenings twice a week so I could join my cross country kids for summer running. It felt so good to feel like me again. I needed the break and the fresh air. Plus, exercise? I had forgotten what that was.
6. We’ve been doing the absolute bare minimum in our yard. I just can’t deal with the outside of the house knowing all that needs to be done on the inside. We didn’t plant flowers or a garden but this surprise Columbine crawled up our deck in June: It made my heart happy.
I’m hoping to post July Raves & Faves before August ends. The probability of that happening is unlikely at best.