I know, we are half way through November. This post probably wasn’t worth the effort.
Here is my Top 5 (only 5 now) list of September loves. In other words, another chance to List thing-ys. *claps*
1. We started Amelie on solids. Let me tell you, I now appreciate how magical breastfed poo and pee smells. Solids? Do not smell nice. A long time ago, I bought three of these mini (dipping) bowls from Pier1:
They are $1.50 each and are perfect for condiments, sauces, used teabags and mixing up baby food for Amelie. I know when she gets older and wants to feed herself that these porcelain bowls will be off limits but for now they are awesome. We use them for everything!
2. Ahh, such a pretty song and his voice is crazy unique:
3. Coaching the high school cross country team. Looking on at my beautiful team with the sun sinking behind the mountains still makes me gasp:
4. Baby Lips by Maybelline:
I have this one (Quenched) and Peach Kiss. They are a summer staple because they have sunscreen!
5. Sadly, my Grandpa passed away in September. He was 94 and had such a good heart. Amelie and I flew back to Minnesota to attend his funeral and celebrate his long and lovely life. While the occasion was tainted with loss, I was still thankful to spend time with family and that Amelie was showered with lots of smooches. Here is a pic of my twin and I:
Just to going through the motions so here are 2010, 2011, and 2012 September Raves and Faves. Now on to October? Should I even bother?
They are so cheap and so comfortable. I scored my last two pair for under $12 a piece! They come in prints, colors and different washes. You can’t go wrong!
3. My MIL put the mini spatula in my stocking last year. It is been the perfect size to scoop out every last drop of breastmilk from my skinny pumping containers. When you put breast milk in the fridge the “cream” (hindmilk) separates and collects along the sides of the container. I want to make sure Amelie gets that good stuff and this mini spatula does just the trick!
P.S. Look at how beat up our real wood floors are. One day I’d like to get those refinished and stained to match the laminate floors we have in the rest of the house. One day…
4. This song is adorable and so is the video:
5. THIS BABY BUTT. It’s just so squishy, you know?
How did the end of August get here so soon? Is it, dare I say, fall?
For old time’s sake, here is July 2010, 2011 and 2012 Raves and Faves.
Here is my Top 7 (yes, 7) list of June loves. In other words, another chance to List thing-ys. *claps*
1. I spent my birthday money from MamaP at, you guessed it, Target. I picked up two new lippies since my stash had dwindled down to nothing after the no-buy promise I made last summer. They are Maybelline Color Whispers in Pin up Peach (my fav) and Lust for Blush. They give a sheer wash of color, are comfortable on the lips and I think the packaging is so pretty. A warning, you have to reapply these often. But for me, that’s fun.
Do I need to even explain?
3. Our weekends. I cherished those precious two days together each week – even though Amelie had a knack for getting us up for a walk before Dawn was barely awake herself.
4. Each day got easier with Amelie and each day I got a little braver. I met up with a group of new nervous Mommies for a potluck and we all were so proud of ourselves that we were able to venture out of the house! Maybe we’re remotely competent at this Mommy stuff after all?(Of course Amelie cried a little at the end…)
5. Hubs started watching Amelie in the evenings twice a week so I could join my cross country kids for summer running. It felt so good to feel like me again. I needed the break and the fresh air. Plus, exercise? I had forgotten what that was.
6. We’ve been doing the absolute bare minimum in our yard. I just can’t deal with the outside of the house knowing all that needs to be done on the inside. We didn’t plant flowers or a garden but this surprise Columbine crawled up our deck in June: It made my heart happy.
7. Can you believe my little snookum used to look like this?
I’m hoping to post July Raves & Faves before August ends. The probability of that happening is unlikely at best.
I can barely remember yesterday, much less what happened in June of 2010, 2011, and 2012. You can click through if you want and I know, I’ve been listing stuff for way too long.
Here is my Top 7 (yes, 7) list of May loves. In other words, another chance to List thing-ys. *claps*
1. Amelie is growing out of her newborn clothes. She wasn’t amused but aren’t those pants hilarious?
I’m trying not to take her growth for granted. Breastfeeding is not a given, expected thing. It’s work and it’s hard and no matter how much you want to breastfeed, it may not pan out. I’m trying to appreciate my body and Amelie because we are lucky that we can do this.
2. MamaP gave me a few of her Essie castoffs and I’m loving one called Mango Bango:
It’s the perfect red-toned orange. Oh, and it was free, which adds to the allure of it.
3. It’s no secret I love P!nk. The girl can SING. So obviously this duet makes my head spin.
4. Let’s not mince words. On May 15th, Hubs bought a baby swing off of Craigslist. IT WAS A GAME CHANGER.
It was only $75 but I would have cashed in my 401k for it.
5. With my birthday money, I grabbed this eye shadow (in Moondust) from Target. It’s only A BUCK and actually a pretty perfect neutral.
The picture makes it look gold but it’s more of a taupey brown. You can sweep it on with a baby in one arm and it’ll still look decent.
6. Coconut oil. I got me some. I have no idea what to do with it but apparently it has a bazillion uses from cooking to body care. I can’t wait to be a Coconut Princess with Pinterest’s help.
7. May was an exceptionally difficult month for me. Because being a baby is hard and babies cry. And being a mommy is hard and mommies cry too. Thank you to those that helped me through. xoxo.
For reminiscing sake: May 2011 and 2012 Raves and Faves.
Here is my Top 7 (yes, 7) list of April loves. In other words, another chance to List thing-ys. *claps*
1. My iPhone. I’m far from techie but having my iPhone so I could quickly access email, Facebook, my blog and Instagram was so nice – especially during those lonely nights when Amelie and I were trying to figure out breastfeeding in the hospital and these first few weeks at home. I’ve grown quite adept at texting, emailing and Facebooking with one hand in the dark. I’m adding that to my long list of talents!
2. Everyone needs a guilty pleasure and mine is Bruno Mars. Normally I’d scoff at cheesy lyrics, but his voice always manages to reel me in…like this one. *sigh*
3. Our friends and neighbors who brought us FOOD after we got home from the hospital. Our neighborhood set up a schedule to drop off dishes. Why, oh why, didn’t I do this for my friends that had babies!?! It’s a damn luxury, I tell ya.
4. EYE CREAM. This is the one I’m using currently:
Life with a newborn, do I need to say more?
5. My 34th birthday (whoa, how did I get so old?)! My big bash took us to Target, where I picked out some clothes while Hubs and Amelie shopped for groceries. Then, we fed in the family fitting room and went home for a nap. The perfect day!
6. The granola from Whole Foods. It’s CHEWY. I go nuts for it (so punny!). Has anyone tried it?!?
7. Of course the arrival of Miss Amelie Quinn, my super sweet snuggle butt, was the best thing that happened this month and like, ever.
April showered me with blessings. It was my favorite month of all.
April 2011 and 2012 Raves & Faves for your viewing pleasure.
Here is my Top 7 (yes, 7) list of March loves. In other words, another chance to List thing-ys. *claps*
1. I spent a lot of time cooing at (and organizing by size) all of our sweet baby girl clothes. My little baby is a lucky lady!
2. We received the Bentley of strollers (and car seat) from my track sweeties.
I’m still in shock (!!!).
3. I can hardly focus when this song comes on the radio. LUUUURVE.
Update: here it is live at the Grammys instead of the boring video above. #mindblown
4. I met up with my old running buddy for a coffee date on a snowy Sunday seeing how we don’t get to spend our morning sunrises together anymore.
My drink was almost too cute to sip on and the company was divine. I miss her.
5. Hitting up the Old Navy/Gap sale, where I scored a handful of cutsie workout clothes. Pray that they fit post baby, it’s hard to tell right at this moment…
6. JELLYBEANS. I could not stop myself. Why are they only a once a year thing? It’s just not fair.
7. Hubs and I had the most wonderful Easter Sunday. The weather was gorgeous, we went on an easy hike, we made delicious food (that generated loads of leftovers), I snuck in a nap and we watched the season premiere of Game of Thrones.
It was the perfect day.
How is it already April!?! *panics* Hopefully they’ll be two birthdays to celebrate within our little family this month?
Here is my Top 7 (yes, 7) list of February loves. In other words, another chance to List thing-ys. *claps*
1. I’m still staying mostly true to my “using stuff up pact” mentioned in this post. I just recently finished off one of my body sprays and was delighted to start a new scent that was already in my stash, which I’ve loved for a loooong time. It’s vintage Bath and Body Works at it’s finest: Meet Pearberry. Sweet, light, perfect.
Any old school Bath and Body Works scents that still do it for you?
2. When we headed back to Minnesota, my SIL taught me how to use the Moby Wrap. I desperately want to “baby wear” so I’m very thankful she figured it out first with her little one and was willing to share the baby wearing love with me.
3. This past month was all sorts of ‘madness’; it was busy, short and hectic. Thankfully, this slow grooving song helped put the brakes on my cluttered mind and let me escape into the music for a while:
4. Our car battery died in Lowes parking lot.
Normally this is not an experience to rave about. BUT. One of the kids working at Lowes kindly jumped our car, reminding us that the world is indeed full of good folks. We were so thankful for his help. Car trouble is never “convenient” but we were counting our lucky stars that it happened on a Sunday afternoon instead of a day where I needed to get to work/coaching or a few days later when a snowstorm hit…or even worse, at the Denver airport. That would have totally sucked!
5. Hub’s homemade FISH TACOS. *drools*
I’ll be sharing the recipe sometime before I have a baby (I hope). You need to know about these, they are fanfrickintastic.
6. It was Hub’s birthday month! I got him beer and socks – it was nothing fancy but it was what he wanted.
But what was fancy was the homemade ice cream cake he was spoiled with while back in Minnesota!
7. And finally, my baby shower was a sweet day; full of blessings, laughter, loving advice and gifts. Baby Girl even decided to show off a little for the family. Awww.
March is HERE and the count down to meeting Baby Girl is ticking away fast!
Ironically, I’ve been doing very little running in them. I wear them to coach in and I’m hoping they will still fit post-baby. Plus, they were on “the list” of needs from this post so I feel somewhat justified buying workout clothes even though fighting to get my shoes on makes me sweat these days.
2. Baby Girl strutted around showing off for Grandma one night! Cauuuute.