My Hubs isn’t into video games. He isn’t into tools. He isn’t into collecting DVDs, gadgets or really anything (phew!). So buying gifts for him isn’t easy. This is a good thing because I’m the greedy one around these parts!
1. We’ve been making food for Amelie with our rice cooker (it has a little steamer on top) and our Magic Bullet. A food processor would be easier but we don’t have one. Pureed broccoli, anyone? Amelie loves it!
2. Apricot Preserves. I’ve been loving this on my English Muffins in the morning; it reminds me of my Grandpa. We lived with my grandparents for a year and they always had this in the fridge. *gets sentimental*
3. Grandma (MamaP) came to visit us! We soaked up lots of time together.
4. Thanksgiving had to make it in here somewhere! Actually, Thanksgiving Day was tiring. Hubs and I planned a big of a feast and truthfully, it was a little too much work with a baby around. When we attempted to clean up just before Amelie’s bedtime, we realized our sink drain was clogged. No bueno. We tried what we could that evening (vinegar and baking soda, hot water…) but ended up leaving our kitchen a complete disaster zone until morning. On Black Friday, instead of eating leftovers and putting up our Christmas decorations and STAYING HOME, we went to Home Depot five times for various rentals and tools and had to eat out! It was a total pain (mostly for Hubs) but he finally did get that clog worked out!
We did manage to squeeze in a coffee date that weekend to help us relax. I walked out of the restroom to this adorable scene:
Yes, Amelie is standing on the counter, flashing her dimple at the barista with a credit card in hand. I almost fainted from The Cute!
5. The Christmas season has officially begun. If this doesn’t bring you serious joy, I don’t know what will. Thanks for finding this, Tai!
I’m so super excited about Amelie’s first Christmas, y’all! She doesn’t even care but still.
Raves and Faves of Novembers past: 2010, 2011 and 2012. Get you some! Nah, don’t.
Can I make it clear how hard it is not to spend a small fortune on Amelie? I want to buy her SO MUCH STUFF even though I know she’ll outgrow it instantly…well, right after she pukes sweet potato mush all down the front of it. Sigh. Baby girl clothes are about the cutest thing on the planet. Well, almost. Baby girls are the cutest thing, especially mine.
Tip: candy, homemade treats and seasonal tea are excellent “fillers” to round out any stocking.
I mentioned it’s “mostly under $10″ because the lip gloss kit is $12. If you had multiple stockings to fill, you could break up this gift set and POW! you’d save a bundle by unbundling.
Hubs and I aren’t exchanging stockings this time around since the house is soaking up extra funds but it was certainly fun to virtually shop for/drool over goodies anyway. What do you hope will show up in your stocking this year?
It’s Friday and I have a Christmas craft to share!
You probably remember/don’t care that our Christmas decor color scheme is red and gold. Although festive, we’ve been rocking this theme for a handful of years now.
Like 8 years.
I’m yearning for something more sophisticated like silver, gold, and bronze. Or maybe something fresh and funky like greens and turquoise.
I’ve had this cute tree from Pier1 for a long while.
It got roughed up in our last two moves causing a few cracked bulbs and scratches. I was thinking of putting this in Amelie’s room but those colors would totally clash. Have no fear, Rehab Candace to the rescue!
First I spray painted it white to give myself a nice even base to work with…
Once Michaels was running a sale on Martha Stewart craft paints, I picked out a few colors, starting painting and…
This, my friends, is an official Christmas FAIL. First of all, it’s nearly impossible to paint one bulb without inadvertently painting the two next to it. I also realized each bulb would take me at least two coats to get nice full coverage. After I calculated how many more naps this tree would take to transform completely, I decided to scrap it!
Here’s to hoping my next Christmas craft is much more successful. I’ll share with you regardless!
Can you believe I double posted today? What are you lusting after this holiday season? I really need is a new nursing bra but what fun is that? Would you be interested in seeing other Holiday Gift Guides if I somehow manage to put more together? Should I stop with the questions already?
I know, we are half way through November. This post probably wasn’t worth the effort.
Here is my Top 5 (only 5 now) list of September loves. In other words, another chance to List thing-ys. *claps*
1. We started Amelie on solids. Let me tell you, I now appreciate how magical breastfed poo and pee smells. Solids? Do not smell nice. A long time ago, I bought three of these mini (dipping) bowls from Pier1:
They are $1.50 each and are perfect for condiments, sauces, used teabags and mixing up baby food for Amelie. I know when she gets older and wants to feed herself that these porcelain bowls will be off limits but for now they are awesome. We use them for everything!
2. Ahh, such a pretty song and his voice is crazy unique:
3. Coaching the high school cross country team. Looking on at my beautiful team with the sun sinking behind the mountains still makes me gasp:
4. Baby Lips by Maybelline:
I have this one (Quenched) and Peach Kiss. They are a summer staple because they have sunscreen!
5. Sadly, my Grandpa passed away in September. He was 94 and had such a good heart. Amelie and I flew back to Minnesota to attend his funeral and celebrate his long and lovely life. While the occasion was tainted with loss, I was still thankful to spend time with family and that Amelie was showered with lots of smooches. Here is a pic of my twin and I:
Just to going through the motions so here are 2010, 2011, and 2012 September Raves and Faves. Now on to October? Should I even bother?